Monday, March 31, 2014

"The Mission is sweet and the Gospel is sweeter"

AWESOME picture that Kade took of a storm coming in.
Tema, Ghana 2014

March 31, 2014


Family,

Well, this week was an ok week for us. Definitely had some tough days but we know it’s because Satan doesn’t want us to open the branch in New Town! We’ve had a couple of rain storms the last week and they have been legit so I will send an awesome pic that was taken by The Elder Eppich. I honestly don’t remember much of this last week because of everything going on has been hectic and busy, but one thing is we will be having a baptism for a lady named Cecillia this Saturday. Cecillia is 9 months pregnant and so every time we are at their house she prays that her baby doesn’t come out so she can be baptized! We are working hard on the dad but he is being very stubborn!  Cecillia is the lady where her son is Kofi. (The one on my bike and he is wearing my helmet) But she is so awesome and prepared for the Gospel and I know that everything we have taught her will resonate in all aspects of her life. I just pray everything goes well this week and she doesn’t deliver! Haha

Also a little funny thing, I was doing a baptismal interview underneath a coconut tree and during the interview one fell and hit my chair!! It was a good thing I was leaning forward listening to the man or else it would have nailed me on the head! But hey I got a free coconut from it :) Then last night Elder Kisembe and I were doing the monthly totals and we made Japates! They are somewhat like pancakes but Kenyan style and it was way bomb with a nice stew one of the elders made for us!

As for me I’m doing really good! This week will be very busy, but I’m enjoying everything! The mission is sweet, and the Gospel is sweeter. It brings blessings of comfort, joy and so much more. I hope everyone is doing their best to be anxiously engaged and not taking the scriptures, including the Book of Mormon lightly! Whenever I have a bad day, all I have to do is read a few versus from the Word of God. Also I can’t believe General Conference is this weekend! It will be my third one on my mission, so crazy. Hopefully sometime in April we will be able to watch parts of General Conference with investigators as it kindles their testimonies. I Love you all. Have a great week!

Elder Kade Eppich

No comments:

Post a Comment