Monday, September 29, 2014

"I'm going to miss this place like crazy. It's going to be hard to leave, I love it here...."

September 29, 2014

Family,

Well this week was another good one for Elder Zaugg and I. We really
tried to contact and go places where we haven’t gone before. We have
definitely met some sweet people! 

Both Helen and Brother Jonathan were confirmed and received the Holy
 Ghost. Elder Zaugg confirmed Jonathan
and I confirmed sister Helen and then I conferred the Aaronic
Priesthood on brother Jonathan. He was so happy and even happy to find
out that he will be able to bless the sacrament next week! We gave him
a triple combo to start reading and gaining a better understanding of
the function of the church. He has also been really teaching his wife,
who is just as sweet as him, but doesn’t speak English and so the
process has been slower with her, but she came to church on Sunday and
told us that she has received her answer and wants to baptize on October
12th! So we are happy with that and grateful for her desire! Both her
and Jonathan were very active in their former church but once we started to
teach them their hearts were softened and they understood what they
needed to do! They received lots of persecution about leaving the
church but we really taught them about fearing God and not fearing
man. In fact, I forgot to tell you that Jonathan spoke
yesterday on that topic of "fearing God and not fearing man" he did so
good for his first talk in the church! He came with a sheet of paper
that had writing on front and back and talked for  20 minutes! He is
a stud and sister Helen was also happy! She is a little more reserved
but still great! We are going to get both families a picture of the
temple and set it up in their house and a couple of family guide
books! The members are all excited with how the Lord is hastening the
work but they are always super busy and so it’s tough to go out
teaching with them. We still get chance to meet with them for like 20
minutes a couple times a week but that’s about it.

This week we had water problems where there wasn’t any water at all.  But the
lucky thing is we had heavy rain storms.  Elder Zaugg and I were
outside catching water where it ran off from the house in buckets
and then we would run over and fill our poly tank (a 500-gallon
water tank) just so we could shower and wash our dishes. There was
light off (no electricity) quite a bit but it's chill I’m used to it.  I’m way down to
just sleep on Kraymer's floor with my mosquito net..... It’s going to be
weird not to have one. Gosh, for sure I’m going to miss this place like
crazy! It’s going to be hard to leave, I love it here....

Oh ya monkeys can carry Ebola but I didn’t think of that really... I
think you have to eat the monkey that is affected with it, but lets
pray I don’t get anything. haha. I actually got a mean cataarh(cold) and
it was making my eyes watery and sneezy... it was good for spiritual
lessons though. Haha. Elder Zaugg got it earlier in the week and he gave
it to me so I had it at the end of the week, but I’m ok now.... didn’t think
it was possible to get a cold in Africa!

Well family, I love you all and hope you have a great week! Remember
the small things!


Elder Eppich

No comments:

Post a Comment