Monday, May 5, 2014

"Being Grateful Will Take Away Life's Bitterness"

Elder Izekor(my comp) Elder Oguche, Elder Frimpong and myself. Just takin a nice cruise
May 5, 2014

Family, Happy Cinch De Mayo... :)

Well this last week seemed to fly by like usual! We had quite a bit of meetings that we had to attend and so we weren’t able to do a lot of teaching but it was ok. The small time we had we met some super nice people! Also, we had to have an emergency transfer this last week and so that threw us a curve ball and trying to move some missionaries around to the Lord’s will. Well to start off I just want to remind my family that my clothes are still off limits, you all know how I feel towards my clothes :) that picture of Kraymer reminded me of everything that I left at home, and I remember exactly the way I put everything in those boxes...even my shoes... so I will remember :) I’m going to bring back some Ghana juju so you won’t want to mess with me when I get home ;) jk

But hey we were finally able to watch General Conference yesterday! Well at least Saturday and Sunday morning session, and it was fantastic! There were a lot of things that stuck out to me when I was listening and so I will try my best to remember everything... The first thing I loved was from Elder Nelson how he said "keeping God’s Divine commandments brings blessings EVERY time" The Lord has to bless us when we do what he ask of us and that is a promise that we give to our investigators that their lives will change for the better by coming to the Lord’s true church! Then the next one was President Uchtdorf's talk about "Being Grateful will take away life’s bitterness" And the first thing that came to my mind was that the Ghanaians have mastered this! They have so little yet they are still grateful in everything that they have. So I would like everyone to remember to be grateful for what you have and not what you want or wish you had (unless you want or wish you had me there, then that’s ok :)) then the last thing that I really liked is how the scripture Luke 22:42 "not my will but thine be done" we need to align our will with the Lord’s will just as Jesus Christ has done! That is one thing that I have been really trying to do the last few months is doing what the Lord would have me do to help the fellow Ghanians, mission, and even myself!

Well family I love you all, and I’m super jealous you opened the pool already (not really, but I’m happy for you) just give those new babies a few weeks on their mothers breast and they will be looking like those chubby walker babies haha  (that phrase gets said a lot around here) can’t wait to talk with you next week on the phone! Much love


Elder Eppich

No comments:

Post a Comment