Monday, January 27, 2014

Elder Bednar is coming to Ghana!


Elder Eppich with family of investigators

Elder Eppich and Elder Strong
January 27, 2014

Family,

Well this last week was transfers and I’m sad to say that I got transferred to Tema. It was so hard to say goodbye to Kpong after 7.5 months but I enjoyed every minute! I got dashed a lot of stuff from members/investigators so that was way sweet!  I have already seen a few reasons why I have been sent here to Tema and I know this is the place I’m suppose to be! But my new area is called Tema NewTown. Its a sweet place. I'ts somehow like the slums I guess but I’m just used to the living conditions that it doesn’t seem different. The biggest trial we have is that our area is very far from the meeting house, so that makes it pretty tough. I guess we are going to create a Tema New Town branch in a couple of weeks! Our area is right on the beach and so that is really sweet! Except the beach is where the poor people stay because it’s somehow cold there and the rich people don’t like the cold so they stay away from that area.

So my new comp is way sweet! His name is Elder Strong and he is from Centerville, UT and been out for 6 months. He is a hard working missionary and is way funny so we get along really well! The other ZL is just a little ways away in Kpone and his name is Elder Ballard (yes Elder Ballard’s grandson) we have a lot of work to do but I’m excited to see what we can do together! Also to get to our area there is a huge cocoa factory that we pass and every day it smells like fresh brownies!!! Haha it’s the worst but best feeling in the world loll and not too far from our area there is like legit hamburger and pizza places!!! So Elder Strong and I are going to enjoy! I felt like I have done good on budgeting and now I am afraid that I will go crazy a little bit (not really) but we have a maxx mart and they have like Costco brand stuff and also frozen chicken nuggets and things like that! Its expensive but will see how I hold out :)

So some bad news that I broke my camera somehow and an Elder here can sell me his for 200 GHC and I’m not sure what I should do...have you send me one and take the chance of getting it stolen or just buy this one here. Idk how good of quality it is because it was bought here in Ghana. Also I need new shirts! Mine aren’t too good right now. I kind of slacked off when I washed at the beginning of my mission and so the last 6 months I’ve been fighting a lost battle. I’ve been looking for shirts here but haven’t had much luck. Most the ones you find at the market are used and don’t have the right size.

This next week we will be privilege to have Elder Bednar come to our mission and speak to us! I’m super pumped to hear from him and see what council he has for our mission and to make it even better it is combines with the Accra west mission and so I can see all the missionaries over there!!! I’m so excited to see Elder Van Scheltema again! Well I love you all, have a great week!

Also, I haven’t received any packages this last week but we will see if this week if I’ll get them.

Elder Eppich, Sr.


Elder Eppich in Tema, Ghana

No comments:

Post a Comment