Monday, October 14, 2013

"Strengthened my Testimonry of Being Obedient"

October 14, 2013 Family, Well this last week was a nice week for Elder Steinman and I. Today we were able to go to the Akosombo Dam and it is huge and really nice! Dr. Dughbatety and Bro Eric (I baptized his wife) took me and my comp. It was a really fun time! Dr. Dughbatety is a way awesome guy! Have I ever told you about him? Elder Steinman and I had a really cool experience on Saturday where we met a man, in my opinion, an elect the Lord has prepared for us! His name is Elvis. It was a Saturday night and we were walking to our next appointment when a small boy came to our side and told us a man had sent him to go and call us. So, we turned around and far away we saw a man waving his arms at us. When we reached the man he told us to sit down and talk with him. He then told us that last week he had entered the church but left right away because he didn’t feel welcomed there. But the few moments when he was there he had felt a nice spirit and wanted to return to the church, but he didn’t want to go because he didn’t know anybody in the church and so all week he had been praying for God to place someone in his life to help him feel welcome, and on Saturday night his answer to his prayers came when he saw two white missionaries walking far away! We talked more and taught him a great lesson! He came to church the very next day and enjoyed it very much! He was able to discuss with President Akuse about the church, and he really liked everything! This whole experience really strengthened my testimony of being obedient and not wasting time at people’s houses or staying too long at our own apartment. If we would have stayed maybe 5 minutes too long at someone’s house then we would have never met this man and his sweet spirit! Made me feel really good about being in the right place at the right time! We’re going to continue to work with this great man and see how it goes! Sister Pat and the family is doing really well. Our investigators are doing good as well, we are trying to work out some of their concerns. I don’t really like to talk much about our investigators in case something happens where they end up no joining the church. Kinda like “not counting your chickens before they hatch”. Dad do you remember saying that to us when we were working with those mini pumpkins a long time ago? But that is kinda the case here. We have some solid ones that we are working with and by God's grace things will work well with everything!! And yes I met Elder and Sister Call on Saturday. One of their responsibilities are teaching the members here the new curriculum, “Come Follow Me” . They did some training in the Kpong branch and sister Cosgrave was like “hey that’s one of our missionaries”, and so a lot of the members were saying I was a movie star and then a small cute little girl came up to me on Sunday and said she say me on the big screen lol. Oh and our zone activity last Monday was way sweet! Sister Cosgrave and Elder Cosgrave prepared us Hawaiian haystacks! It was so nice! Then a few of us spent the night in Ho at their apartment because we had zone training meeting the next day and she made us pancakes!!! They’re so sweet! It’s so nice to have couple missionaries here. I wish I had more time to try and cook more! Wow I can’t believe Dallas is 8 years old already!! That’s so awesome for him to be baptized! They should have waited one year for him to be baptized so he wouldn’t have been a child of record and they could have helped the missionaries out by getting them a baptism hahaha jk. Well, family I love you all and I’m grateful for everything you do! Have a great week! We get to go to Accra on Thursday for a temple trip and meet with President Judd! Love you all the church is true! Elder Eppich

No comments:

Post a Comment