Monday, February 17, 2014

I definitely have felt the Lord’s presence throughout the work!

February 17, 2014

Family,

That is crazy how fast the weather has changed! (Snow in Washington is gone) It is definitely getting hotter here! But I’m used to it now! I can’t even imagine what it will be like when I get home in the winter!! Yes I sleep with that small Kadlec blanket. Haha. Yes I heard there is another endowment session and it’s driving me nuts because I haven’t seen the first one. And yes we should have a ward temple trip at the beginning of March! I’m so happy Dad was able to talk with Dr. Si! Dad should try and invite him to church! I remember he called me on Christmas Day to check on how I was doing! (Dr. Si was Kade's Dr. when he broke his collarbone and was awesome. Whenever Todd sees him at the hospital he always asks how Kade is doing)

Well this last week was a pretty good one for Elder Strong and I. We are continuing to work hard and are searching for the elect to help build the church in New Town. Yes our goal is 500 baptisms between two zones. Two zones cover a whole stake, so it is definitly possible! We have found a building for a new branch but the landlord is a seaman and he is not in the country yet so hopefully soon we will be able to get in contact with him. I definitely have felt the Lord’s presence throughout the work!  Saturday we are planning a baptism for 3 investigators, so please keep them in your prayers. The baptism is for Brother Van Ike and Michael.  Brother Van ike’s mother is a member of the church in Volta region and Michael is his uncle. They started coming to church a little bit ago but it was very hard to meet their schedule. Michael is definitely a future potential missionary. The other potential baptism is Jones. He is a loving 47-year-old man that loves the church. He is very easy going and very smart! He came to church every since we first contacted him. On Sunday I gave him a tie so he looked very good and just like a member yesterday! So hopefully by God’s grace we can baptize them this Saturday. Elder Strong and I have been doing pretty well because when I first got here we didnt have very many people to work with but now we have a nice, good teaching pool! Today Elder Strong and I went to the MTC and helped be “investigators” and kind of be stubborn to make the new missionaries work harder to resolving our concerns. Haha it was so much fun! And then after that we had most of our zone come and play sports! We played soccer then volleyball after that! It feels so good to just go out and play one day :)

Have a great week! Much love!


Elder Eppich

No comments:

Post a Comment