Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Back in Kpong and Training




6 months as a missionary in Ghana! burning an old tie :)


6 months in Ghana!
August 12, 2013 Family, Well this last transfer caught me by surprise!! I thought for sure I would be staying in Achimota because Elder Gusa has been there for 6 months, but nope the Lord had different plans for me Haha. I actually got sent back out to Kpong!!! I was so shocked because missionaries don’t get sent back to areas they have served in very often! But it was because Elder Kandeh (my previous comp) got called to open Akuse and to train a new missionary. And so I’m finishing training his first trainee. He is an awesome guy (and a great cook :)) From Australia! His name is Elder Halavaka. He has a strong testimony as well! But it was so weird to go back to Kpong and see my RC (recent converts) there! They were all excited to see me again! It was funny because we have this lady near our apartment that just loved Elder Hansen and I and last transfer we both left Kpong so she was very sad. And the first day in Kpong I went to say hi to her and she saw me and screamed and ran and gave me a hug Haha I was like dobby dobby dobby (NO NO NO) I can’t do that Haha she was just so happy to see me again. She is like around mom’s age and so I always call her mama Mercy :) But on a side note can you send me a bunch of little pictures of myself that we took next to the Ghana flag the night I left? Like just small wallet size because I want to give them to my RC so they always remember me!! :) So this week in Kpong we just looked for new investigators the whole time pretty much! We ended up with 23 new investigators and that’s only from working Thursday-Sunday Haha hopefully a few will be serious! The only tough problem we’re facing is that our main area is Somanya and it costs 70 peeswas to travel to Kpong where we meet for church and so hopefully we can make it work! I believe they are opening a branch closer to Somanya though! That will be really nice! Ya I still take the malaria pills....as often as I can remember Haha and I’ve been in Ghana for 6 months so yes I’m used to the heat Haha. We haven’t had any rain for a while. I hope rainy season isn’t over yet :( I lost my thumb drive and so I need to by a new one so I’m going to withdraw some money out to buy it. Even though it’s more expensive I don’t want to wait for a while to get it. I need to save all my photos! My “Eppich” tie was made by Rolland Pecku he is an RM from Nigeria and that’s where he learned how to make it! I still love the food! So that’s good! And no you never told me you are taking lessons for the violin!!! I want you to play for my home coming :). It’s weird to think I’ve been in Ghana for the last 6 months Haha I burnt a tie and got some nice photos I will send!! I love you all and I’m truly grateful for the love and support I continue to get from everyone! The church is true! Elder Eppich





FM (free meal) Kwabenya District
Achimoto church building Elders

No comments:

Post a Comment