Friday, February 8, 2013

He Made It!

February 8, 2013

Holy cow!!! I honestly feel like I’m in an oven! It is so hot!!! I started to sweat after 10 feet off the plane. The lady that I sat by was really cool so she walked me through the airport and customs and helped me get my bags, so I was the first missionary out of the airport. I just met a few MTC workers outside. So right now I think there are 37 missionaries here, possibly more but there are only three white people two from US and then one from Australia, most of them are from DR of Congo and Nigeria. My comp is from Liberia but he isn’t here right now, so I’ll meet up with him later tonight I guess. We ate lunch and dinner here at the MTC and so far it’s been good! We had rice with chicken for lunch and then spaghetti with this spicy sauce on it. The drivers here are so crazy!! It’s scary, they will just pass you on the ride side of the road even if there is no road haha and there isn’t any speed limit signs so everybody goes fast. I’m glad I don’t have to drive here. The MTC is really nice except on the bottom floor and in the hallways because there is no Ac so it’s just as hot as outside. Or rooms aren’t too hot but it’s going to take a long time to adjust too! Accra has most the roads paved and lots of old cars, but once you get out of the big city then the roads are really crappy and practically dirt roads. Well I have class so I’ll email again later. Love ya guys
-Kade

**Kade left the PSC airport Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 6:25 am. He flew to SLC where he had a 2 1/2 hour layover then flew to JFK where he met his traveling companion. They had a 3 hour layover at JFK then flew directly into Ghana - an 11 hour flight. We tracked his flight through the night. His flight landed at 3:53 am our time which is 11:53 am Ghana time - an 8 hour time difference on February 8, 2013. We were so happy to hear from him so soon and that he got there safely!

No comments:

Post a Comment